Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My sleep patterns, and cheers for UW

I've been progressively trying to wake up earlier every day, so that I can get to a nice 7-8 o'clock wakeup time. My problem is I can't sleep at night. It is at least 2 a.m when I go to bed, and even then I can't fall asleep until much later. Yes, I know, if I just force myself to get up early one day I will fall asleep earlier at night. There's a few problems with that: (1) the part about getting up early and (2) staying awake the whole day until bed time. Usually if I am able to do (1) I end up crashing in the afternoon or early evening, so we're back to square one after that. And the days I don't get enough sleep I am not able to function properly. Coffee? Hasn't worked for some time now. It just makes me more tired.

Watched a University of Waterloo special celebration in the Davis Centre atrium today, marking $260 million of funds collected for UW, two years ahead of schedule. The cheerleaders put up a good show in the beginning, followed by boring speeches by the university president, chancellor, other officials, MPPs, mayors etc. about how great UW is. We're one of the best universities in the world. Makes you wonder what the bad ones must be like.

But seriously, I do like Waterloo, both the university and the city. It's a great place to go to school and to call home. Nevertheless, it's time to move on.


A couple of shots (the first is by Salman and the second one by me) of the campus, from the pictures we took a few weeks ago.

No comments: