Thursday, July 21, 2005

In search of a new brew

I've been over Tim Horton's coffee for some time now. It's often inconsistent, and too weak to help me - in fact, it ends up making me more tired and dysfunctional. Unfortunately, Tim Hortons is the only easily accessible coffee almost anywhere. The Starbucks's and Second Cups are not nearly as common, unless you happen to be in the downtown Toronto area. Besides I'm not a big fan of the signature blends from either of those two. No complaints about the Starbucks mint mocha chip frappuccino with blended coffee (yes, that's a mouthful when you're ordering) though, except this one time when they didn't blend it properly and I could feel little ice pellets in my mouth. The pains one has to go through in life!

I used to think I was only a seasonal coffee drinker because I was able to stay off coffee during the hot summer months. Not anymore. I find myself going for a coffee even when I have no need and sometimes no desire to. It's a habit, although I don't think I want to call it an addiction - not yet anyway. And a Tim Hortons is usually conveniently close by.

So unless I move to another country, or another coffee chain becomes as prevalent as Tim Hortons is, they have nothing to fear about losing my business.

No comments: