Sunday, July 16, 2006

The world watches

Beirut, Haifa, Gaza, Damascus and Tehran. So far, at least 130 Lebanese, 7 Canadians, 24 Israelis, 92 Palestinians killed, many of the dead children. Scores injured, numerous families displaced.

Anyone tried Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia flavour? It's really good, although the occasional cherry pieces can be a little annoying, I thought.

7 comments:

Din said...

Ali, That post is funny.

YOu start with the Middle East and end up talking about food. Would like a post form you on Middle East though :)

Ali said...

The icecream reference was meant to show how, eventually, I'm unaffected by what's going on. I guess it didn't work.

I just wrote about the Middle East a few days ago. Besides, there's tonnes of stuff - all kinds of analyses, views and justifications - out there about the Middle East conflict(s). I don't think I could add anything particularly unique or insightful. Not that my usual posts are particularly unique or insightful (well, maybe I'd like to think they are, sometimes).

omair quadri said...

Our worries and problems here are relatively minute when compared to the worries and anxiety of people in that situation.

Yesterday, it was the annoying cherry pieces in the ice cream for Ali. Today, for me, it's the back strap of my sandles, which are too tight and digging into the back of my feet. Damn annoying.

Din said...

For me it is having no AC in my car. I had to drive to Bellville for work today and vy the time I made it back to the ofice my shirt was all sticky.

Not good.

Abu Adam said...

Inallilah wa inay ilayhi rajioon

Ozair said...

It saddens me to see all this destruction. The countless hours of news and horrific scenes of violence in our life-time makes all this war seem like a common-place. I think we feel unaffected because we are no longer shocked or suprised by the magnitude of violence. It is unfortunate of what evil things mankind is capable of doing in this world. I just pray that this war all comes to an end soon.

Anonymous said...

This is because nobody is standing up to defend them...

"Inallaha yuhibbul ladhina yuqatiluna fe sabillilah bi amwalikum wa anfusakum.. Dhalika khayrulakum in kuntum mu'mineen"

Verily Allah loves those who fight in his way with their money and themselves. That is better for you if you are truly believers