Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ali in Ottawa

At the National Gallery of Canada - one of the displays in the Contemporary Art collection

2 comments:

omair quadri said...

I remember that piece. It was called "Four (something)". The four lights represented four friends the artist lost in the Vietnam war.

I don't like modern art. I'm not impressed by any work of art that I know I myself can probably make. Like that piece we saw of steel plates stacked in a corner of the room... a monkey could do that!

Ali said...

I don't think all contemporary art is bad, but yeah I'm not a big fan. I imagine much of the value is in the idea behind it, including the representation link the artist is trying to create. So maybe you can think you would be able to do it yourself, but would you have thought of it? Also, sometimes it's harder to create something than you would think by just looking at the end result.