Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ali Writes... one year old today

It's been one full year since I started this blog. Here's what I said in my first post a year ago:

My first ever post... hopefully this blog can become something useful rather than just me blabbering about useless stuff.
I'm going to try to put up pictures I've taken over the past few years too, and other stuff about myself... like my resume, university courses, essays and papers etc.
So it's obvious the second part didn't happen - I guess it was naive of me at the time, although I suppose the first part is true and the past year hasn't been me blabbering about useless stuff, not all the time at least.

At this first milestone, comments and (constructive) criticism from readers on what they like/don't like/would like me to change* about this blog are welcome.


* Before someone gets the idea, the falcon (yes it's a falcon, not an eagle or something else) stays.

6 comments:

Abu Adam said...

My only advice to my dear friend and brother Ali (my last name is Alibhai ya know)is:

And I am sure you already know this, but reminding benefits the believers,

That just remember to always count your words, and keep in mind that every word we write, and every sentence we say is either a witness for us, or against us.


and may God also help me to be careful about my tongue, ameen

:)
mr. alibhai

Din said...

ALi, We love you the way you are. Please dont change. Just update your blog more often :-)

Ozair said...

The title of your blog keeps changing ... its now "Random thoughts and pseudo-insights", wasn't is "Random thoughts of a law students or something" and then before it was something else.

I am starting to question if your blog title fits into my demographic, although I continue to read cause I need to read something before actually starting to work ;-)

I suggest you do a Ali blog year in review, where you point out the highs and lows. For example, when you banned Anonymous quotes, or random stressed visitors of your blog. Those moments were quite amusing.

Golu said...

Can there be a 'Best Of Ali' post? (lol)

I kind of missed most of your posts, I'd like to read the good ones though...

Anonymous said...

Why a falcon and not an eagle? And how does one differentiate between the two? I see an eagle in that picture, not a falcon. :-)

Ali said...

You might see an eagle, but it's a falcon. I figured something should reflect the word saqr in the URL of this blog. Funny how no one (who is not familiar with Arabic) has ever wondered what the URL means.