Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Three in one

Three dates, one each from the Jewish, Islamic and Gregorian calendars, coincide this year:

Oct 4-5: Rosh Hashanah, the two-day long Jewish New Year (which also means no school!).

Oct 4/5: The start of Ramadan, the Islamic month of fasting, which this year is Oct 4 in some countries of the world and Oct 5 in others, including Canada and the United States. مبارك عليكم الشهر

Oct 5: Ali's birthday. Cash and cheques welcome.

5 comments:

Junaid said...

With that title, I thought you were venturing into Christian theology...

Ali said...

I think I have my fingers in too many pies already to add Christian (or any kind, for that matter) theology to that.

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with Junaid. I also felt as though Ali was going enlighten us on a date celebrating the life of an obscure Christian saint. Have you ever looked at a Christian calendar, or more specificaly a Catholic one? So many days are dedicated to saints, far too many to actually celebrate.

Anyway, about Ali's gift I think a simple quote from Marge Simpson is "gift" enough for his situation:

"Morals and ethics and carnal forbearance."

Just joking Ali.

Ozair said...

Happy 24th birthday Ali. One more year and you will be where I am ... the quarter-age mark. Since, your birthday coincides with the start of Ramadan, I think that in itself is a gift, hence no gift from me :) ... gotta love the desi 'getting out of gift situation' technique.

Bilal Shirazi said...

Happy Kwanzaa!