Thoughts on a Sunday
Being busy at work has kept me from blogging more frequently. What I did want to write about on Friday, but couldn't because of the aforementioned reason, Peter and Junaid have covered in their recent posts. Yes, the much hyped return of Michael Ignatieff to Canada. I guess we'll find out in due time whether there is any truth to Ignatieff's political ambitions. I have already written about this in an earlier post, so no more on that.
While browsing through the Harry Rosen store in Eaton Centre yesterday, I was unfortunate enough to be snagged by one of the store employees who proceeded to delightfully give me a tour of the place. For a good bit of time, I listened helplessly to the ins and outs of men's fashion and observed sport jackets held up against shirts and sweaters and denim and trousers (yes trousers, not pants), having to mutter occasional agreements to indications of how a shade here was 'lifted' by being paired with a colour there, and so on.
We finally concluded by puzzling over why Armani shoppers were always the first to come when the fall collections were out while the Boss ones only came a week or two later. Such mysteries of couture are beyond someone like me, who has his own troubles in that area - on Friday I walked in at work wearing my shirt inside-out. Luckily I realized the mistake and was able to correct it before anyone noticed. I don't think the guys over at Harry Rosen would have been very impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment