Who will it be
The Palais des Congrès in Montreal (September 2004), venue for the Liberal leadership convention
In a few days the Liberal Party of Canada will have chosen its new leader from a list of eight potentials. In recent weeks I have ended up leaning towards Stéphane Dion as my favourite out of the four leading candidates. His emphasis on the environment and on a sustainable economy, his principled position on Québec and national unity, and his past political experience as one of Jean Chrétien's crowd is what makes it for me. Somehow I see him as being more sincere and principled than Michael Ignatieff and Bob Rae, more of a 'true Liberal' than those two, if you will. As prime minister I see him restoring Canada's position as a nation (there's that word again) committed to its social justice and environmental protection goals, a reputation that has been tarnished in recent years.
No comments:
Post a Comment