More on the cartoons
I haven't posted for a while. And this one isn't anything original from me, but a link to Brendan's latest post, where he discusses the "cartoon situation" as I call it.
I haven't posted for a while. And this one isn't anything original from me, but a link to Brendan's latest post, where he discusses the "cartoon situation" as I call it.
Posted by
Ali
at
10:54 p.m.
Categories: Islam and Muslims
5 comments:
Assalam Alaikum Ali
I'd like to post, I just saw this video by Daee Ahmad Moait about the cartoons and HIS perspective.. I would highly recommend it, even if you don't necessarily agree with all of it - i.e i think there is some benefits in protests.. Allahu Alem (God knows best)
http://tinyurl.com/ncvp5 (noora1.com)
Nice piece, but I had a question re. your comment about Muslims wanting to 'see an acceptance of Islam's superiority over all other value systems'. Which Muslims are you referring to? Perhaps you might want to clarify.
Assalam alaikum.
Anyone that believes a man-made system (say British Law, Marxism, or what not) is superior to Allah's Divine Hukm/Law (i.e. Shariah), has committed shirk, and may have left Islam., i.e. no longer be a Muslim (source: Bilal Philips, A. Moait, and others).
Abdullah, I listened to the audio on the link you sent. The guy had some good points to make, and some rather weird ones (e.g. his blanket dismissal of Danish Muslims as unworthy - I found that rather offensive actually).
Also, I didn't get the point of your second comment (except that it seems aimed at providing a case in point to Safiyyah's question).
Safiyyah, I realize I'm at the risk of appearing guilty of indiscriminate generalization myself (something I admitted to in my original comment). I didn't mean any specific region or type. If we take a cross-section of Muslims anywhere, I think there are likely to be many that feel that way (with varying degrees) in the sample.
Omar, thanks for the comment. I liked how you put it.
Dear Omar,
assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :)
I mentioned Marxism and British Law as examples of man-made law
I never said that scholars applying shariah (according to the best they can) is "man-made law".
Thus to be clear - by man-made - I mean created by man without reference to Allah
Does it make sense now? Or you still don't agree?
Abdullah
Post a Comment