Blogged out
This is one of those posts where I announce I'm tired of blogging and can't come up with things to write about. So as I try to think of something else to say before I finish this no-post post, I'll take a minute to wonder about what makes me blog. Is it because I like to think I have the occasional stroke of brilliance into some of the most important issues of our time and feel it is my duty to share these pearls of wisdom with the rest of the world rather than hoard them for myself. Or is it that I just like to hear my own voice (so to speak), to know that I am saying something and that people (well, some people) are listening. Our desire to communicate is in a way a flaw, a weakness and a dependancy. One can be dependent on blogging in much the same way one is dependent on coffee or cigarettes. I'm sure this all sounds very clichéd, but I felt I'd write it down anyway. Maybe I'll end this blog - I'm sure both you and I could be spending our time in more fruitful ways. We'll see. For now, I apologize for having such a drab first post for 2007.
4 comments:
Ali, lets face it.. blogging is so 2006.. you're on to bigger and better things now.. like facebook.
Hahaha, yeah - I've progressed from writing half decent paragraphs here to writing half sentences on people's virtual walls, and regularly checking if more random people I barely know added me as their 'friend'.
Hi, I'd like to tell you that I've read a few of your blog entries and I've found them both interesting and illuminating. I'm also a UW student and I "stumbled" across your blog by doing a google search for one of our professors, Brian Orend.
One of the things of being human beings is that we analyze why we analyze. But we are thinking creatures, and it is never a bad thing to think, or to be heard. Keep blogging, Ali, keep being heard. I'll do the same.
Thanks for the kind words.
I haven't given up on blogging quite yet, but my busy schedule keeps me from my finding time to write anything substantial.
With hope for more free time.
Post a Comment